Friday, August 31, 2007

A Perfect Friday Morning.

Ainsley and I spent the morning at one of my favorite shopping spots. The Virginia Beach DAV (Disabled American Veterans) Thrift Store. I've been shopping there for years, and when we lived in WV I would even have my mom go for me to scour the store for great finds. When I was pregnant she would send boxes and boxes of little newborn clothes from the thrift store. Aren't moms the best?

I can count on one two hands the number of brand new pieces of clothing I've bought for Ainsley. Everything else has come from the DAV. It's a bit of an addiction really. But I'm saving $$ and helping out a great organization, so it's okay, right? *wink*

So here's my stash from our trip this morning.



For $43 I got:

27 Yards of Fabric
Fisher Price School House
Pink Tractor
2 Books
3 Pairs of Pants
6 shirts
2 skirts
2 dresses
An undisclosed number of surprises for a friend who just gave birth to her first baby girl

Here's some of the fabric I found. I thought it was really cute. It's a 100% cotton king duvet, so I think that's about 16 yards. Right? I have no idea what I will do with it. Open for suggestions.


And here's the best part. 16 yards for...


If you can't decipher thrift store scribble, that's marked down to $3.98. *proud smile*

And here is a pink tractor I picked up for Ainsley. What two year old little girl doesn't need a pink tractor?

1 comment:

Corey~living and loving said...

oooooooooooooooo you are my kind of shopper girl! :)
as for the cute fabric....hmmmm how about a tote....or 16. LOL or....hmmmmm.....I dont' know. I'd be making ruffle but overalls with a front apron if it were me, but that only take a yard. LOL