Thursday, August 30, 2007

Oh Sweet Summer.

Will I miss summer?

1. I will not miss the heat or the overwhelming, take-your-breath-away humidity.

2. I will not miss sweat. Whoever said it cools you off was lying.

3. I will not miss my husband working longer hours just because there is more daylight.

4. I will not miss the mosquitos that take over our coastal town.

5. I will not miss the tourists and the crowded beaches.

6. I will not miss my two year old thinking she can stay up until 9:00 because "it's not dark yet mommy." (although, really.... deep down I like to stay up late with her)

But now that summer is almost over, I know I will definately miss one of the sweetest parts of summer....

Tomatoes from our garden.

3 comments:

Boricua in Texas said...

Wow, that's awesome. I so don't have a green thumb.

Welcome to the blogosphere!

Corey~living and loving said...

Love the picture! :)

Laura said...

Mmmmm...they look delicious! Yeah, fresh produce is one of the only things I'll miss about summer. Bring on fall! But goodbye, sweet peaches and blueberries...