Sunday, February 24, 2008

Ibarra!

When I did my study abroad as an undergrad, I lived right next to the Ibarra plant in Guadalajra, Mexico. They are famous for their hot chocolate, but they also make a sweet chocolate bar that you melt into warmed milk for homemade hot chocolate. SOOO good!!

If you walked out the door at just the right time, all you smelled in the air was yummy Ibarra chocolate! My roomate, a self-confessed chocoholic, always said she must have died and gone to heaven, haha.

Today we went to our local international grocery store, and they had Ibarra chocolate! It doesn't get too cold her in our coastal Virginia town, I don't think we ever get nights that feel like a "hot chocolate night"....but tonight we'll be pretending.

2 comments:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Okay, surely this would be easy to find where I live. gotta keep my eyes peeled for it now! I drink hot chocolate year round. I sorta have a problem, I think . . .

Corey~living and loving said...

oooooo sounds delightful. :) hope it was a good as you remember.

By the way....
I want to see more Bento pics. :)